COVID home test kits for the Rice community are available to Rice students, faculty, and staff. These kits can be ordered for on-campus pickup and each test package contains two testing kits.
To pick up a test, you must do the following:
- Sign up using this link: https://veoci.com/v/p/dashboard/zsg7km4vpd
- Bring the QR code with you to pick up your test package. (The code will be emailed to you after completing the sign-up, you can show it from your phone, or you can print it out (just as you would for a testing appointment).
Testing protocol on campus is:
- Mandatory surveillance testing for fully vaccinated members of the Rice community is no longer required. [Rice defines fully vaccinated as having received the two-shot Pfizer or Moderna regime plus a booster shot or the one-shot J&J vaccine plus a booster.]
- People who are not fully vaccinated must continue to test once per week using a COVID home kit provided by the university.
PCR testing areas near campus:
- CVS Rice Village - 6011 Kirby Dr, Houston, TX 77005
- Methodist Hospital - Texas Medical Center - for more information, click here
Individuals should use the COVID Report Form to report the following COVID circumstances:
- Received a positive test,
- Are experiencing symptoms of COVID-like illness,
- Have been exposed to someone who has COVID-19.
*Please note* Users must be diligent in checking test results and completing the COVID Report Form in a timely manner within this new format (if positive).