Schedule a Test
- Mandatory surveillance testing for fully vaccinated members of the Rice community is no longer required. [Rice defines fully vaccinated as having received the two-shot Pfizer or Moderna regime plus a booster shot or the one-shot J&J vaccine plus a booster.]
- On-campus PCR testing from both Methodist and Baylor Genetics will continue to be available to everyone who wants a test, Monday through Friday. If you have an exposure to someone who has tested positive, we urge you to get tested. We will be suspending the on-campus PCR testing with Baylor and Methodist over the course of the summer beginning on Friday, May 13. The last day for testing with Methodist will be Wednesday, May 11.
- People who are not fully vaccinated must continue to test once per week through our on-campus PCR testing program.
- Daily symptomatic testing will continue on campus, and those with COVID symptoms should be tested as soon as possible.
For a link to all campus testing locations, please click here.
How to schedule a test:
All individuals in the Rice Community can schedule a COVID test using the following link: also found on https://coronavirus.rice.edu/testing-resources.
With this link the Rice community will now be able to:
- Schedule a COVID testing appointment
- Cancel a scheduled testing appointment
- Reschedule a COVID testing appointment
- Send yourself a copy of your appointment confirmation at any time
For help with using the scheduling system, the following tools are available to you: