Schedule a Test
Campus community members who are coming to campus for any period of time will need to be tested. Those who will be working from home or who are attending class remotely do not need to be tested.
How to schedule a test:
All individuals in the Rice Community must schedule a COVID test using the following link: also found on https://coronavirus.rice.edu/testing-resources.
With this link the Rice community will now be able to:
- Schedule a COVID testing appointment
- Cancel a scheduled testing appointment
- Reschedule a COVID testing appointment
- Send yourself a copy of your appointment confirmation at any time
For help with using the scheduling system, the following tools are available to you:
- COVID Test Scheduling Guide
- Rice Community Information Center at (713)348-4224 or email@example.com
Testing after a positive test:
- For persons who remain asymptomatic following recovery from COVID-19, retesting (e.g., as part of a contact tracing investigation) is not necessary during the first three months after the date of symptom onset.
- Prolonged viral shedding has been demonstrated without direct evidence for a virus capable of replicating or causing infection. Consequently, in most cases, evidence supports a symptom-based strategy to determine when to discontinue home isolation or precautions.
- For persons who are severely immunocompromised, a test-based strategy could be considered in consultation with infectious disease experts. For all others, a test-based strategy is no longer recommended except to discontinue isolation or precautions earlier than would occur under the symptom-based strategy.
Rice Testing partners:
- Baylor Genetics: Molecular PCR Testing
- Houston Methodist Hospital: Molecular PCR tests
Who to contact if assistance is needed:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with any testing-related questions, issues, or concerns.