- Face Masks
The CDC has provided comprehensive guidance on how to properly wear, care for, clean, and dispose of face masks.
The university provides the following types of face masks:
- Disposable masks - these are widely available on campus and are sometimes referred to as surgical or medical procedure masks. This type of mask is a great option for events. These masks should fit properly over the nose and mouth to prevent leaks. They can also be worn under a cloth or woven mask for extra protection.
- High-quality fabric-woven reusable masks - these masks are for everyday use and they are washable. The fabric masks provided by the university have a filter, a nose wire and are made with multiple layers of fabric. When orders are placed, each mask comes with an extra filter.
- KN95 mask - these masks are disposable and are intended for longer day use and should not be worn with other masks. Please note: N95 respirators are available, however, to order this type of PPE, an appointment must be scheduled with Rice Environmental Health and Safety for a fit-test. Appointments can be made by contacting SAFETY@RICE.EDU.
- Face Shields
- Health-care-grade face shield
- Eye-protection face shield - includes additional protection for eyes
- Adjustable face shield - includes a ratchet to tighten the face shield for optimal fit
- Sanitizing Wipes and Disinfectant
- Large bucket of wipes - 300 count
- Small bucket of wipes - 110 count
- Spray bottles with disinfectant can be ordered individually
- Signage and Event Support