Current Rice University COVID policies:
Indoors: Masks are required indoors only for gatherings of more than 10 people.
- This policy does not apply to classrooms, where masks are still required at all times, except for instructors while they are lecturing.
- If you have not been fully vaccinated, you must wear a mask indoors at all times.
Rice community members are encouraged to use their best judgment in all situations and should carry a mask with them at all times for such situations.
Outdoors: Masks are not required outdoors.
Our large-scale testing program will begin again in the fall semester with Baylor Genetics, Methodist Hospital, and our own LAMP testing. Symptomatic testing will be offered on campus.
- Faculty and staff who are vaccinated must test once every two weeks (instead of the prior requirement to test weekly).
- Students (graduates and undergraduates) must continue to test once a week.
- All unvaccinated people must continue to test twice a week.
- You may test more often at your discretion, as testing capacity allows.
To provide proof of vaccination:
To schedule a test, CLICK HERE.
Indoor Gatherings. There are no longer any COVID-related restrictions on gathering size on campus. Plans for gatherings over 100 must be reviewed by the Crisis Management Team for COVID-related measures before the event to ensure it is as safe as possible.
Room occupancy limits. We are not currently reestablishing the COVID-19 occupancy limits on rooms, nor will there be any changes to university housing levels at this time.