How to acquire masks:
Rice University has purchased a supply of masks for our employees and students to wear when in public. Due to the limited nature of masks currently available, department directors should prepare and submit requests for enough masks for their employees who are working on campus, to wear one mask per workday for a two-week period. If an employee has a personal mask they are bringing with them, this is an acceptable substitute. If an employee is working alone in an office at least six to eight feet away from others, a mask should be worn when outside the office area where contact with others could be possible. Some employees may be able to use a mask for more than one day if it's only needed to be worn part-time.
Requests should be submitted through the following process:
Note: Orders not picked up within 24 hours of notification will be re-shelved.
To complete a request for masks or other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), please complete the following steps:
- Click on the button below to access the FE&P FAMIS work order system:
- A customer can request PPE through a work order by choosing “SAFETY” as the type and “PPE”-COVID as the sub-type.
- After clicking OK, an order form is displayed. Complete the order form by requesting the type and quantity of PPE. Most departments will be requesting disposable or cloth face masks. Please put the location for delivery and a recipient contact into the order form.
- After they fill out the request, a work order number is created.
- Masks will be delivered to the location requested and signed for by the receiving department. It is the departmental responsibility to distribute masks to employees. Individual requests for masks will not be fulfilled through this process, and need to work through the department/division director.