How to Order Personal Protective equipment:
The university has purchased a supply of personal protective equipment (PPE) for all staff, faculty and students. These resources include signage resources, campus event guidance, and personal protective equipment (PPE).
Current inventory for available PPE resources includes:
- Face Masks
The CDC has provided comprehensive guidance on how to properly wear, care for, clean and dispose of face masks.
- Disposal masks - these masks should be used for visitors and larger gatherings
- High-quality fabric-woven reusable masks - these masks are for everyday use and they are washable
- KN95 mask - these masks are disposable and are intended for longer day use
N95 masks are available, however, to order this type of face mask, an appointment must be scheduled with Rice Environmental Health and Safety for a fit-test. Appointments can be made by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department directors should prepare and submit requests for enough masks for their employees who are working on campus, to wear one mask per workday for a two-week period. If an employee has a personal mask they are bringing with them, this is an acceptable substitute. If an employee is working alone in an office at least six to eight feet away from others, a mask should be worn when outside the office area where contact with others could be possible. Some employees may be able to use a mask for more than one day if it's only needed to be worn part-time.
- Face Shields
- Health-care-grade face shield
- Eye-protection face shield - includes additional protection for eyes
- Adjustable face shield - includes a ratchet to tighten the face shield for optimal fit
- Sanitizing Wipes and Disinfectant
- Large bucket of wipes - 300 count
- Small bucket of wipes - 110 count
- Spray bottles with disinfectant can be ordered individually
Requests should be submitted through the following process:
Note: Orders not picked up within 24 hours of notification will be re-shelved.
To complete a request for masks or other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), please click the button below.