COVID Antigen Testing Kits
COVID home test kits for the Rice community are available to Rice students***, faculty, and staff. These kits can be ordered for on-campus pickup; each test package contains two testing kits). Faculty, staff, and students*** may order two antigen test kits monthly (four tests total). ***Undergraduate students should work directly with their college coordinators to get antigen test kits. It is important to note that the antigen test kits are intended to be used for symptomatic testing, not as general surveillance testing.
To pick up a test, you must do the following:
- Sign up using this link: https://veoci.com/v/p/dashboard/zsg7km4vpd
- Bring the QR code with you to pick up your test package. (The code will be emailed to you after completing the sign-up, you can show it from your phone, or you can print it out (just as you would for a testing appointment).
The Federal Drug Administration (FDA) has stated that the test manufacturer can contact the FDA to request that the FDA authorize a longer shelf-life. When a longer shelf-life is authorized, the expiration dates will be extended. You can check the Expiration Date column of the List of Authorized At-Home OTC COVID-19 Diagnostic Tests to see if the expiration date for your at-home OTC COVID-19 test has been extended and how to find any new expiration date. The testing kits the university supply have received this authorization. To read the letter, please click here.
If you would like to take a COVID PCR test, there are several testing centers near campus:
- Houston Methodist Smith Tower - 6550 Fannin, Smith Tower, Suite 630;
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. until 4:45 p.m.,Saturday and Sunday 7:00 a.m until 4:00 p.m.
- CVS Pharmacy - Kirby at Bolsover - By appointment. Call (713) 522-3983
- Walgreens Pharmacy - 7929 Kirby Ave. - (713) 383-0292
- Kelsey-Seybold Clinic - 2727 W. Holcombe - (713) 442-5100