Overview of Changes
Academic Restart Committee Messages:
The Academic Restart Committee (ARC) and Provost DesRoches have provided guidelines for the restarting of academic activities at Rice. The emails that have thus far been sent to the community addressing these guidelines are linked below.
- Acedemic Research Committee: Updates to Class size and expemptions (08/24/2020
- Academic Research Committee: ARC Syllabus Resources(08/06/2020)
- "Dual Delivery for Fall 2020 - ARC" (6/10/2020) - Explains what "dual delivery" is for courses in Fall 2020 and references offices where training and resources for dual delivery are available.
- "Information About Dual Delivery for Fall 2020 - Provost" (6/10/2020) - Outlines steps needed to be able to teach in dual delivery mode in Fall 2020 to meet requirements of Rice Policy 846.
- "Additional ARC Guidelines for Fall 2020" (6/17/2020) - Outlines, in specific detail with reasoning, many of the decisions regarding Fall 2020 noted on this page.
- "Required Training for Fully Online Courses for the Fall" (6/18/2020) - Explains the requirements for teaching a fully online course and what trainings must be completed. Also includes information about training opportunities.
- "Suggested Strategies for Large Classes" (6/18/2020) - Provides options and ideas for instructors teaching classes with enrollments of 26 - 99 on how to include significant in person experience. (Note: this document references the enrollment figure of 50 - 99, but this was changed to "greater than 25" in subsequent guidelines.)
Office of the Registrar Messages:
The Office of the Registrar (OTR) has sent the following emails to Rice students about the Fall 2020 schedule:
- "Important: E-mail to [Undergraduate] Students on Updated Fall 2020 Course Enrollments" (6/24/2020) - Provides overview of changes being made to the Fall 2020 schedule for undergraduate students.
- "Important: E-mail to [Graduate] Students on Updated Fall 2020 Course Enrollments" (6/25/2020) - Provides overview of changes being made to the Fall 2020 schedule for graduate students.