Overview of Changes
Academic Restart Committee Messages:
The Academic Restart Committee (ARC) and Provost DesRoches have provided guidelines for the restarting of academic activities at Rice. The emails that have thus far been sent to the community addressing these guidelines are linked below.
- From the Provost regarding Spring Semester Instruction - This message includes specific information for course instruction (01/20/2021)
- From the Provost and ARC Chair regarding the Spring Semester and Online Instruction - Provides clarification for Spring Semester Instruction. (01/11/2021)
- Message regarding Spring Semester Plans - Summary of changes to the Spring 2021 semester given the changing situation in Houston and Harris County. With regards to academic instruction, the semester will begin with all classes being delivered online only with specific exceptions granted by the Provost. Additional information to follow on how to obtain an exception. (01/08/2021)
- From the ARC Chair regarding the Spring Semester - This message focuses on the Spring 2021 semester; specifically Dual Delivery, Sprinkle Days, and other concerns. (01/04/2021)
- ARC Message for Spring 2021 Semester - Contains a summary of Spring 2021 items, including dual delivery, Sprinkle Days, international student issues, academic accommodations, syllabi, and final exams. (01/04/2021)
Office of the Registrar Messages:
The Office of the Registrar (OTR) also includes information about the current academic session.