We are writing to clarify how to best request/order KN95 masks for use on campus.
If you are an undergraduate student who is coming to campus:
- Masks have been delivered to the residential colleges.
- Students should coordinate with their college coordinator to pick up masks.
If you are faculty, staff, or a graduate student:
- Ordering for yourself there will be a cap of 10 masks unless ordering for an entire department.
- If you are ordering for your department, please indicate how many people are in your department.
- Masks should be picked up from the Campus Post Office, within 48-hours of order confirmation. Orders not picked up in this time frame will be restocked.
- The Campus Post Office is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 am until 3:30 pm.
- Prior to ordering for yourself, please check with your department coordinator or administrator to verify an order has not already been placed.
- To order a KN95 mask, please click here.
When not being used, masks should be stored in a clean, plastic bag and should be replaced when dirty. KN95 masks handled properly can be used for two to three days. For proper instruction on how to care for your masks, please refer to this video.
A kind reminder: if you are not currently working or living on the Rice campus, please do not place an order until you are ready to return.
The Rice Crisis Management Team