Dear students –
A reminder that sign up for arrival testing in February opened today. Please sign up now for your two arrival testing appointments: https://coronavirus.rice.edu/schedule-test.
Please keep all of the following in mind as you schedule your tests:
- All students must schedule an “on arrival” test (either PCR or LAMP) as well as a follow-up test for three to four days after the “on arrival” test. Please do not wait to schedule the three to four day follow up test – schedule it immediately after your “on arrival” test is scheduled.
- Students who live on campus should schedule their “on arrival” test (either PCR or LAMP) to coincide with their arrival and move-in at Rice.
- After arriving on campus go straight to your testing appointment. Immediately after your test is finished, you are required to return to your off-campus home or your on-campus room until you receive your test result (typically within 12 to 24 hours). Once you receive a negative test result, you will be free to resume normal activities on and off-campus.
- If your schedule or travel arrangements change, please go back to https://coronavirus.rice.edu/schedule-test and change or cancel your test accordingly. This allows another incoming student the opportunity to fill the appointment time.
- PLEASE NOTE: There are a lot of available appointment times currently listed in the sign-up link. If you are signing up for dates more than two weeks in advance you will need to use the search box from a desktop computer (see screenshot below). Input the date you’re looking for into the search box (not visible on phone) at the top right (ie: input 2/24 to see Feb.24 entries).
Safe travels to all,
Bridget Gorman, Dean of Undergraduates