We are writing to give you additional information and updates regarding the university’s COVID response.
Beginning Thursday, May 19, the Community COVID Dashboard will no longer be updated daily, as on-campus PCR testing is currently suspended. Historical data will remain visible. At-home COVID Antigen test kits for the Rice community are available to Rice students, faculty, and staff. These kits can be ordered for on-campus pickup and each test package contains two testing kits). To order a testing kit, please follow the instructions found on this page: /personal-protective-equipment/COVID-antigen-test-kits
- If you would like to take a COVID PCR test, there are several testing centers near campus:
- Houston Methodist Smith Tower - 6550 Fannin, Smith Tower, Suite 630, Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m until 4:00 p.m. More information is available here.
- CVS Pharmacy - Kirby at Bolsover - 713- 522-3983
- Walgreen's Pharmacy - Medical Center - 6400 Fannin - 713-799-2459
- Baylor Family Medicine Express Care Center - 6620 Main St., 12th Floor, Suite 1250 - 713-798-9355 - Check your network.
- Kelsey-Seybold Clinic - 2727 W. Holcombe - 713-442-0000
The COVID reporting form is also currently suspended. If you feel sick, believe you’ve been exposed, or have tested positive for COVID, please visit: /sick-exposed-positive. This site includes information and instructions about what to do should you fall into any of these categories.
The following is a list of who to contact, should you have questions:
- Work-related illness or employment-related vaccine questions should be directed to Human Resources at 713-348-2514
- Student related vaccine questions should be directed to Student Health Services at 713-348-4966
- Questions about ordering Covid Antigen Test Kits or KN95 masks please contact Delivery Services at 713-348-2888
- Questions regarding COVID planning for campus events should be directed to Campus Events at 713-348-3306
- For information about contact tracing, disease reporting, isolation, and quarantine, please review the coronavirus.rice.edu page for FAQs and answers.
- For other Covid related questions please contact Rice Crisis Management at 713-348-6088.
We are currently refreshing our Crisis Management team roster and are looking for employees who are interested in being part of the team. If you are interested, please complete this short survey.
The Crisis Management Team