We are writing to update you that over the last few days we have seen a substantial increase of both COVID and non-COVID illness on campus. While we are not ready to make any policy changes, there are some things that you can do to help:
- Symptomatic Testing: If you are experiencing symptoms - please take an antigen test or schedule a symptomatic PCR Test through the coronavirus.rice.edu page
- Additional asymptomatic testing is also available. We encourage you to schedule a surveillance level test to check your status.
- Residential colleges should have antigen test kits on hand.
- Proactive testing: Before attending a large event, we would recommend that you take an antigen test to make sure that you are not COVID positive before attending.
- Complete COVID Report form: if you feel that you’ve been exposed, are experiencing symptoms, or have tested positive (this can be on campus, off-campus, or through a home test) please fill out a COVID Report form. This form provides immediate information regarding how to manage your situation and also provides the Crisis Management Team information on the broader picture of our campus health.
- Consider other optional health measures: While not required, masking and physical distancing are important strategies to avoid the spread of illness that can be deployed as a mitigation effort when interacting with others or in group situations. You can and should mask and physically distance yourself in situations that are at higher risk or where you feel you may be exposed.
Rice Crisis Management Team