Events Policy for Fall 2020:
Beginning August 1, 2020, Rice events and gatherings will be limited by physical distancing both indoors (in accordance with modified space capacities) and outdoors to no more than 50 (to include all attendees, staff and vendors). This policy applies to Rice events on and off campus until further notice.
To help with contact tracing, events will be required to capture RSVP's for all events and keep the records until the end of the semester. There are several RSVP tools available to the Rice community. More information on how to access these and other tools is located in the Event Planner Guidance.
Visitor Policy for Fall 2020:
Visitors are expected to follow the same policies and safety guidelines as the other members of the Rice community. As an important precaution to protect the Rice community, everyone on campus, including visitors, is required to wear a cloth face cover as defined by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and as delineated below:
- Indoors: Face coverings must be worn indoors at all times with the exception when you are eating or drinking but you must stay at least six feet away
- Outdoors: Face coverings must be worn outdoors at all times except when you're alone in your vehicle and/or when you are eating or drinking while staying at least six feet away from others.
Additionally, while on the Rice campus all visitors should practice physical distancing (also known as social distancing), whenever possible, and stay at least six feet away from other people. Before coming to campus, all visitors should check their temperature and monitor for possible symptoms. If ill, they must stay home and avoid coming to campus until they are well.
Temporary Tent Usage and Guidelines:
The enclosed PCF tents and open-air tents on campus are prioritized for academic use and then student and department event use. Availability and hours are listed below with the process to request a tent for approved use.
- Academic Use - Monday - Friday, 7 am - 6:30 pm
- Study Use (PCF 3) - Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday 6:30 pm - 10 pm
- Student and Department Event Use (limited tents) - Monday - Friday, 6:30 pm - 12 am and Saturday - Sunday 7 am - 12 am
To reserve a tent you must submit an Outdoor Request Form and include a detail plan on usage. The occupancy is a maximum of 50 at any time in the PCF tents and 25 under the open air tents and you must practice physical distancing (6 ft apart).
Reservation Form for Student Groups and Organizations -https://riceuniversity.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9SGMsemE064y0jX
Reservation Form for Departments - https://riceuniversity.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dbSt4kz4tStB3JH
Name the Tent Challenge Submission Form: https://forms.gle/nne7L1KM3TiQNoEv6